I promise I’ll write about my journey back to Athens soon, and indulge you on where my mind is right now after that trip down memory lane. Here is a quote to set you up for where my mind is, as I realize, yet again, that the past is in the past- no matter how hard I try to preserve it. (And how much I miss it!)
Some people believe that without history, our lives amount to nothing. At some point we all have to choose: do we fall back on what we know, or do we step forward to something new? It’s hard not to be haunted by our past. Our history is what shapes us… what guides us. Our history resurfaces time after time after time. So we have to remember sometimes the most important history is the history we’re making today. Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
Additionally, here are five things that occurred today in my little world:
1. I had a wonderful day, of good, honest communication, with my supervisor, Mary. She’s fantastic!!
2. I have a volunteer assignment at Children’s Memorial in the Child Life Department!! I will be working with the Infant- 3 year old program. (More on that later.)
3. My mom, once again, shared her thoughts (aka disapproval) of my goal to become a Child Life Specialist. I’ll leave it at that because I know that she doesn’t mean to be condescending.
4. I made a new friend today, sorta, on my walk in the pouring rain to Children’s Memorial. Her name is Meredith and guess what, she’s moving to Denver next week. Denver, seriously? Another person moving to Denver; expressing their love for Denver; telling me to move there…seriously!
5. I feel so behind on life right now. Weekend now, please.