Good morning, good morning! Or at least I’m trying to brainwash myself into thinking it’s a good morning. I’ve been meaning to blog the s**t out of this week, but as evidence shows…I have not. I am exhausted- physically, mentally, emotionally- AND, I just found out that one of my Roadtrip to Athens for Bill & Renee’s Wedding companions, Jay, has strep throat. Stay away strep!! More importantly, feel better Jay.
Since I don’t have time to write a full blog nor will I later today due to a packed schedule (more travel, within Chicagoland though), I’m just going to catch you up on my life with this little list.
1. My weekend in Athens was A.MAY.ZING. and you will hear all about it in a post that later this week (fingers crossed).
2. It is ridiculously humid here in Chicago, making me remember that summer weather commutes to work are worse than those in the winter. Honestly.
3. I have a meeting tonight at Children’s Memorial to find out about my volunteer assignment!!!!! So excited and hopeful that it will be with the Child Life Department.
4. My throat hurts.
5. I woke up at 4 am today… not kidding… to get a workout in before taking the Metra at Union Station to Naperville for a day at my supervisor’s house. I didn’t work out; and therefore, cursing the time 4 am.
6. I cannot stop listening to the song, If We Ever Meet Again by Timbaland feat. Katy Perry.
7. My apartment looks like I’ve been running around for months and haven’t cleaned it. Translation: It’s a mess. Fact: I have been running around for months.
8. I miss Athens. I miss my friends. I’ve never felt more inspired to write this novel of mine.
9. I cannot for the life of me figure out which direction to go in for Child Life. I found another grad program (Erikson Institute, Chicago) but it wouldn’t start until Fall 2011. Can I really wait another year?
10. I talked to Joe last night for over an hour, reminiscing about Athens/discussing life in general…making me think more about ‘him’. Do I have it in me to actually call him?